Compassion cultivation classes are multi week personal and professional development courses based on the program designed at Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education. Compassion Cultivation includes practical tools and exercises designed to enhance your awareness, compassion and resilience.
Why is it important?
Compassion cultivation will support you to improve your relationships with friends, family, clients, patients, staff and coworkers.
You’ll walk away from each compassion class session with tools and practices you can immediately put to work. Compassion cultivation will help you:
- Improve awareness
- Increase connection to others
- Decrease the distress you may feel in difficult situations
Benefits of compassion cultivation
- Boost your courage to be present and resourceful in the face of life’s challenges
- Calm your nervous system and strengthen your capacity for meaningful relationships
- Prevent empathy fatigue and energize you as you care for others
What’s the class like?
Classes are interactive and meet weekly. Here’s what to expect:
- Group discussion to share learning experiences
- Guided meditation to improve awareness
- Listening and communication exercises to build compassionate interactions
You’ll also have daily homework of one guided meditation per day and informal practices to try as you go about your day.
Is compassion cultivation for me?
Yes, compassion training is for you if you want to increase your awareness and cultivate compassion for yourself and others. Compassion students are community leaders, business owners, parents, caregivers, retirees, educators, entrepreneurs, healthcare professionals, therapists, executives, public servants, healers, artists, CEOs and people from all walks of life.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions about whether or not compassion cultivation is for you at this time in your life. email@example.com